For many of our visitors to Sugarloaf Cove, the site host is the first person they meet. This summer we are looking for 2-3 sites hosts to greet visitors. Read below and pass along this information to anyone you think may be interested.
Summary of Positions: Site hosts serve as our first point of contact with the public through greeting visitors, promoting memberships, collecting program fees, selling merchandise, and answering questions knowledgeably about Sugarloaf Cove. Addition duties may include managing volunteer and managing the gift shop.
Dates: Workdays are Monday – Sunday, 9:30 – 4:30. Start date: June 4. End date to be determined. Friday – Sunday in Fall if available. We will be hiring at least 2 people to fill these positions.
Pay rate: $11/hour
- Pleasantly and promptly, greet visitors
- Provide quality customer service to everyone at Sugarloaf Cove Nature Center.
- Know the current programs, physical attributes and general background about the Nature Center in order to answer questions, give directions and as appropriate, offer suggestions to the visitor to ensure a positive and fulfilling experience
- Collect program fees and gift shop sale funds efficiently, promptly, and with
- Keep gift shop items stocked. Work with ED to order more as needed.
- Inform guests and program attendees about advantages of membership and provide applications as appropriate
- Monitor Nature Center upkeep and notify when repairs/supplies are needed.
- Provide a weekly update of parking lot revenue; contributions collected at Nature Center and donation boxes outside the Nature Center; program attendance and revenue collected for the respective programs.
- Assist with managing volunteers including scheduling and training.
- Other duties as needed, including light cleaning.
- Must enjoy working with a diverse group of people, including volunteers and staff.
- Must be outgoing, able to maintain a sense of humor and be interested in helping people.
- Must be committed to Sugarloaf: The North Shore Stewardship Association’s mission.
- Must be a self-starter and self-directed within established job parameters.
- Must have some math and money experience.
- Basic computer proficiency helpful.
- Maintain clean, professional image. Shirts will be provided.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be willing and able to maintain the highest standards of ethics, performance and customer service with regard to all aspects of Sugarloaf: The North Shore Stewardship Association.
To apply email or mail a letter and resume to:
Sugarloaf: The North Shore Stewardship Association
6008 London Road
Duluth, MN 55804