Sugarloaf Cove is looking for enthusiastic person to fill our summer naturalist position. This position comes with the potential to become a year round full or part-time employee. This is a multifaceted position offering the motivated individual the opportunity to develop and conduct interpretive programs along the beautiful North Shore of Lake Superior in Minnesota.
Dates: May 5 – September 5 (extension possible)
Pay rate: $15.50 – $17/hour commensurate with experience; 40 hours/week; non-exempt; Wednesday – Sundays.
This position comes with the option to reside rent-free in an onsite camper.
- Developing and implementing daily naturalist programs and educational activities for all ages
- Promoting programs and events online, through publications, and with media and community organizations.
- Researching natural and cultural history information from a variety of sources to develop interpretive activities, write content for exhibits, and answer visitor questions.
- Tracking program attendance, working with the membership database, and participating in staff meetings.
- Serving as a technical resource for local community members, nature center visitors and staff by providing information about North Shore and Sugarloaf Cove resources.
- Assisting with management of the volunteer program
- Assisting with the management of the gift shop
- Maintaining and updating exhibits and brochures
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment in and around the building
- Other duties as needed.
General Job Qualifications:
- Be an independent and organized worker
- Have experience developing and conducting informal outdoor/naturalist programs
- Have experience with working with audiences of all ages and abilities
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in related area such as environmental education or the natural sciences
- Must be committed to Sugarloaf: The North Shore Stewardship Association’s mission
- Must have basic computer proficiency
We are seeking candidates who are committed to the mission of Sugarloaf: The North Shore Stewardship Association and who will maintain the highest standards of ethics, performance and customer service.
To apply email or mail a letter and resume to:
Sugarloaf: The North Shore Stewardship Association
6008 London Road
Duluth, MN 55804
Or apply online via Indeed